In 1996, the original Tomb Raider was launched. The 3D game design, controls and graphics were truly ground breaking for their time. Furthermore, gamers were also presented with a unique, female human playable character with which they could become emotionally attached, Lara Croft.
The original Tomb Raider sold over seven million copies and is still heralded as an absolute classic and one of the best action adventure games ever. Tomb Raider defined the PlayStation and changed the way that people played games. – In tribute to this and to celebrate and commemorate the continuing development of the Tomb Raider franchise and its central character, Crystal Dynamics are developing a new Tomb Raider adventure for Lara. – Tomb Raider follows the adventures of Lara Croft after she is hired by a powerful syndicate to retrieve a mythical object called the Scion.
After discovering that she has been used as a pawn in some larger scheme, Lara takes matters into her own hands deciding that she must uncover the mystery behind this ancient artefact. – Play the living Lara Croft, the world’s greatest action heroine of all time – use all of Lara’s guile, athleticism and gadgets in her quest to conquer the unknown and uncover ancient artefacts. The dynamic world allows multiple play through options and also opens up new places and ways to explore.
Crystal’s latest technology allows the environments to take on a breath taking new quality. Startling enemy encounters – encounter fierce animal and supernatural enemies, wolves, bears, crocodiles, horrific monsters and the T Rex. New and improved AI means that all enemies will exhibit a more diverse behaviour set, providing improved combat challenges for the player.
Minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Pentium 3 1.4Ghz or Athlon XP 1500+
- CPU Speed: 1.4 GHz
- RAM: 256 MB for Windows 2000 & XP (512 MB for Vista)
- OS: Windows 2000, XP or Vista*
- Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible 64 MB 3D Accelerated Card with TnL (NVIDIA GeForce3Ti+ / ATI Radeon 9 series+)
- DirectX version: 9.0c
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible
- Free Disk Space: 4 GB
- DVD-ROM: Quad speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Recommended system specs:
- CPU: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
- CPU Speed: 3 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible 64 MB 3D Accelerated Card with Vertex Shader 2.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0 (GeForce 6000 series / Radeon X series)